Founder at ALTERNATIVE
- Harmeet has invested and enjoyed the last twelve years working on building brands, across two big and strategic consumer geographies – India and China. She enjoys observing and learning the finer details of consumer behavior, the role of society and culture, and on a larger scale, the perceived joys of consumption.
- On the brand building and strategy side, her experience lies in the Consumer Goods (FMCG) Industry, known for its speed to market and close consumer connect. She has worked across multiple categories & multiple roles within brands.
- She has been working as a marketer in China for the last six years, where her jobs have exposed her to the endless possibilities of harnessing data, the immense purchase potential of nouveau-riche Chinese consumers, and the movement from merely material products to a hunger for experiences. She has witnessed marketing practices and business models changing, and realized that it would need a sort of re-calibration amongst not just established, big brands, but also young, new entry brands.
- This desire to create a new school of brand thinking & strategy, that is closely linked to competitive business ambitions, made her an entrepreneur. She now runs a brand strategy & innovation company in Shanghai, called ALTERNATIVE, that helps “re-build” brands in this digital age of internet, screens, and experiences.
- Quote: “Facts are many, but the truth is one” – Rabindranath Tagore.