Dastgyr is on a mission to simplify the inefficient retail supply chain by connecting retailers with suppliers via technology. It is empowering the often non-serviced areas of the retail landscape by offering extensive inventory choices, transparent pricing, and next day doorstep delivery — all with a few clicks from a smartphone. Dastgyr aims to positively impact the country’s economy by helping offline grocery retailers, who contribute significantly to Pakistan’s GDP.
The Software Engineer (Android) role at Dastgyr is a highly technical and demanding role. They will be responsible for design, architecture, organized development, process and code level improvements, and deployment and operations of all Android based apps at Dastgyr.
- Being super proactive, hands on development of Android architecture and promotion of best practices across the engineering organization through personal initiative and example,
- Extreme ownership of identifying complex business problems, translation of the business problems into efficient algorithms and solutions by simplifying them. Own the development and deadlines of getting these features to production,
- Being an outstanding leader and mentor. Train, develop and mentor junior programmers on technical and organizational skills. Share articles, inculcate curiosity of exploring improvement in all aspects of development,
- Thinking in terms of reusable processes, library and framework creations,
- Building of processes that help produce reliable and consistent outcomes,
- Proactive long-term effort for review of code, architecture and designs to identify and resolve complex, meaningful problems for Dastgyr’s Android application in line with Dastgyr’s mission and strategy.
An ideal candidate will have strong hands-on experience of working in Android applications. Successful candidates in this role will lead with a number of core competencies, including:
- Expert level knowledge in Android development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks and design patterns,
- Strong leadership experience in leading meetings, presenting information and being a technical go-to expert and cross-functional leader,
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to document and explain complex concepts to technology and business teams,
- 3+ years of experience in developing, shipping and maintaining native Android apps,
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team with ‘0 to 1’ experience at hyper-growth startups in Pakistan.
- An exciting and fast-paced business directly impacting Pakistan’s economic landscape.
- A high-impact role with meaningful work in an area that is of crucial significance for the business.
- High levels of autonomy in strategy and decision-making.
- Market competitive remuneration.
- Flat hierarchies, with short and open channels of communication.
- A meritocratic and rewarding work culture built around core values of collaboration and continuous incremental improvement.
If you are interested in being a part of this exciting journey, we would love to hear from you! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org