Dastgyr is on a mission to simplify the inefficient retail supply chain by connecting retailers with suppliers via technology. It is empowering the often non-serviced areas of the retail landscape by offering extensive inventory choices, transparent pricing, and next day doorstep delivery — all with a few clicks from a smartphone. Dastgyr aims to positively impact the country’s economy by helping offline grocery retailers, who contribute significantly to Pakistan’s GDP.
About the Role:
As a Web Front-End software engineer you will take center stage for strengthening the
backbone of our operations by creating any new features required to automate and
streamline the ops flow and help the business. Moreover, testing, bug fixing and
code refactoring goes without saying. You will also be proactively suggesting
improvements and new ideas to build on already established/in-progress features.
Successful candidates will have a major in Computer Science or related fields, with 4+ years of experience with React-JS based front-end development and will lead with a number of core competencies, including:
- Experience React Hooks and Class based components
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with data structures
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with Git for version control
- Knowledge of React Native for mobile development is a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of POSTGRESQL is a plus
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team
- A high-impact role in an area that is of crucial significance for the business
- High levels of autonomy in strategy and decision-making.
- Market competitive remuneration
- Flat hierarchies, with short and open channels of communication.
- A meritocratic and rewarding work culture built around core values of collaboration and continuous incremental improvement