Dastgyr is on a mission to simplify the inefficient retail supply chain by connecting retailers with suppliers via technology. It is empowering the often non-serviced areas of the retail landscape by offering extensive inventory choices, transparent pricing, and next day doorstep delivery — all with a few clicks from a smartphone. Dastgyr aims to positively impact the country’s economy by helping offline grocery retailers, who contribute significantly to Pakistan’s GDP.
About the Role:
The Senior Software Engineer (Back-End) role will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining core pieces of back-end functionality for a highly scalable multi-tenant service, including building key distributed systems components like bookings, throttling, permissions, tracking, certification and encryption, largely using AWS cloud environment application deployment
- Designing and implementing core back-end service features after clearly documenting design choices for successful deployment,
- Providing appropriate test coverage unit, integration and performance for feature ownership area,
- Providing adequate service level logs and metrics to make features operational for cloud service setup,
- Being an outstanding leader and mentor. Training, developing and nurturing junior programmers on technical and organizational skills,
- Building of processes that help produce reliable and consistent outcomes.
Successful candidates in this role will have educational qualifications in Computer Science or related fields, 4+ years of experience with back-end and web-based technologies and will lead with a number of core competencies, including:
- Gain solid understanding of the entire system architecture.
- Highlight areas in the system which need to be more scalable and religiously follow a scalable approach while setting up infrastructure or when coding.
- Having solid knowledge on AWS architecture and products in order to opt for the best tailored solutions for the business.
- Strength in Node JS, DB design and analysis.
- Expertise in Angular, HTML/CSS.
- Development experience with Apache, Postgres, MySql or similar tools as well as good command on source control (Git, SVN) and understanding of defect tracking systems.
- Experience with Ajax and working with RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud stack
- Experience with Angular 2+ and React
- Experience with ORM frameworks like TypeORM, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience with coding test cases
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional, remote teams, and demonstrate problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team with ‘0 to 1’ experience at hyper-growth startups in Pakistan.
- An exciting and fast-paced business directly impacting Pakistan’s economic landscape.
- A high-impact role with meaningful work in an area that is of crucial significance for the business.
- High levels of autonomy in strategy and decision-making.
- Market competitive remuneration.
- Flat hierarchies, with short and open channels of communication.
- A meritocratic and rewarding work culture built around core values of collaboration and continuous incremental improvement.
If you are interested in being a part of this exciting journey, we would love to hear from you! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org