SOSV is the #1 most active angel and seed stage investor and #3 most active venture capital investor in the world with US$900 million assets under management. SOSV runs MOX — the Mobile Only Accelerator — helping consumer internet startups from around the world and expand to Asia and across Asia. MOX offers startups investment and free user acquisition via its smartphone ecosystem of 102 million monthly active users and direct cash investment in return for equity and revenue share to its promotion partners.
SOSV Cross-Border Internet Community Manager [based in Taipei]
We’re looking for a proactive and passionate candidate for the role of community manager at our two accelerators for cross-border internet. As the community manager, you will be the “people person” building camaraderie among and between SOSV’s cross-border internet community including portfolio companies, corporates, partners, and mentors through happy hours, events, conferences, and special programs. The objectives are to attract new people to our community, engage with the existing members, and give community participants channels to engage with one another. This position is based in Taipei.
Taipei office (No. 2, Section 4, Nanjing East Road, Songshan District, Taipei City, 105)
- Deliver annual strategy for community outreach and building support for SOSV’s software accelerators through grassroots campaigning
- Translate the business needs of the software accelerators into measurable results from events (i.e. dealflow, VC database, partners)
- Organize community events including operational tasks such as logistics and marketing
- Maintain communication with local community to drive engagement and increase reach
- Develop and collaborate with local community partners to explore benefits/perks for SOSV/portfolios.
- Manage all social groups ie. Facebook, Whatsapp and Wechat
- Understand our community fully on a business and personal level, making introductions and connections throughout the community
- Maintain relationships and contact list with key conference organizers and partners
- Develop new partnerships that could be beneficial to the accelerators, the alumni network and future companies
- Represent the firm at events to create more awareness of our brand in the local entrepreneur community
- Organize and arrange logistics of internal events, occur at least twice a year (MOX Demo Day in Taipei and Singapore, biannual one-week road trip in Asia called Geeks-on-a-Trip)
- Maintain event sync with the rest of SOSV
- Collaborate with other accelerators inside SOSV to represent the firm at major conferences (RISE, IVP, E27, TIA etc.)
- Work with functional teams including PR and Marketing, Design, Partnership and Event teams
- Keep the MOX alumni community spirit alive
- Contacts within the startup community and knowledge of the key player groups and events
- Organization and planning skills for large and small events.
- Good time management: ability to handle last-minute requests as well as events planned far in advance.
- Understanding of how people and communities behave and what attracts them to events.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Passionate about entrepreneurial communities, people oriented. Nature networker.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: problem solver, strong ownership of responsibilities and initiative
- Detailed oriented, a fast learner, and results-driven
- Startup Culture: Always push to faster and better, never settle, and not afraid to fail
- Ultimate team player, always look out for each other and drive for success together
- Preferred experience but not required: people management, business operation, customer service, project management, and sales/negotiation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills